PE and Sports Premium
Part of the school's budget is ring-fenced for spending on sport in school.
This is intended to work towards the Government's 5 key targets:
- The engagement of all pupils in at least 30 minutes of in-school activity each day (to supplement 30 minutes of activity outside of school)
- Raising the profile of sport and PE across the school
- Increasing confidence, knowledge and skills of teachers when teaching PE
- Offering a broader range of sporting activities to pupils
- Increasing participation in competitive sport
The Sports Premium Strategy sets out our plans for using the sports premium at Sandwich Junior School, and is reviewed each year.
PE & Sports Premium is used to introduce children to a variety of new and exciting sporting activities:
CIRCUS SKILLS GALLERY
OUTSIDE EVENTS GALLERY
At Sandwich Junior School, the pupils and staff uphold our Core Values, which are at the centre of our school ethos and all that we do. They were first established by the pupils of our school, who chose specific animals that they felt represented the values and attitudes they should show every day, at school and at home:
Working together as a Wolf Pack, we are a team. Helping peers in difficult times, and celebrating our successes.
We always try our best, we are resolute and we never give up. We are always striving to reach the top and take risks with learning, as that is when we make our biggest leaps forward.
Aiming high to achieve the best we can be, and soaring high to reach our potential.
When children enjoy their learning, they will achieve more.